Friday, November 6, 2015

Review: Undermajordomo Minor

Undermajordomo Minor Undermajordomo Minor by Patrick deWitt
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was on board from page 2. I was on board at 120 when I went to bed. I should never have picked it up again after that. I had been just relating to my wife what I was enjoying about it: it has wit, it's quirky (but, at least for me, not in the usually irritating way) and it was leading to a conclusion that I felt was going to fit just right, whether it was happy or sad.

And then, on page 122 of my ebook copy, the orgy happened. Then he fell in the Very Big Hole. Then it ended. It ultimately felt pointless.

The whole book just fell off the rails. I realize the book is probably a story of love of many types (familial, romantic, even employer/employee loyalty), but it all seemed to come to nothing.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment